Lisa is a yoga and dance teacher living and practicing in beautiful Virginia. Her goal is to offer whole body and mind fitness through movement and meditation practices that facilitate an authentic connection to our bodies and selves by incorporating gratitude, joy, and compassion, resulting in a deep sense of calm, balance, and acceptance of self and others.
She completed her 200-hour foundational yoga teacher training with Nicole Boyle in 2016 at In Balance Yoga in Blacksburg, Virginia and is currently pursuing her 300-hour Kunga Yoga Service Leadership Yoga Teacher Training at the Wilmington Yoga Center in North Carolina. She is deeply grateful to be apprenticing the Kunga Yoga 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Noelle Whittington and Kristin Cooper-Gulak at In Balance Yoga in Blacksburg, Virginia.
Her areas of study include:
- Yin Yoga with Richard Gartner in May 2016
- Barkan Method Hot Yoga with Nicole Boyle in June 2016
- Vinyasa with Nicole Boyle in June 2016
- Restorative Yoga with Colleen Dwyer in October 2016
- Yin Yoga with Cindy Lunsford in November 2016
- Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga with Gracia Gimse McKinley in January 2017
- NuPowerYoga with Cindy Lunsford in March 2017
- Elements of Dance with Pat Cohen, National Dance Education Organization in July 2017
- Kunga Restorative Yoga with Noelle Whittington in July 2017
- 5Elements Vinyasa Flow with Noelle Whittington in August 2017
- Kunga Anatomy of Yoga with Jessica Hartmann in September 2017
- Kunga Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga with Heather Metzler in October 2017
- Kunga Hands-on Assisting with Noelle Whittington in November 2017
- Kunga Business of Yoga with Jessica Bichler in December 2017
- Kunga Gentle Yoga and Meditation with Jessica Bichler in January 2018
- Kunga Kids Yoga with Jessica Bichler in February 2018
- Kunga Yoga Service Leadership: Yoga for PTSD & Special Populations with Kristin Cooper-Gulak in March 2018
- Kunga Yoga Detox Vinyasa with Kristin Cooper-Gulak in April 2018
- Kunga Vinyasa and Power Flow with Noelle Whittington in May 2018
In addition to her yoga training, Lisa also studies classical ballet and other forms of dance. She teaches classical ballet to all ages as well as technique-based ballet barre fitness classes to all levels. She believes dance and creative movement is for every body and infuses the elements of strength, balance, flexibility, breath, humor, love, and a deep knowledge of human anatomy and physiology into all of her classes.
Lisa received her BS in Biology from The College of William and Mary in 1996 and her MS in Immunology and Microbiology from Virginia Tech in 2002. She has been a teacher for over 20 years in a variety of disciplines including Biology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Oenology, Analytical Chemistry, and the Art of Movement. When she’s not in the studio, she loves being outdoors, being on the water, finding quiet spaces, and taking her yoga off the mat. Namaste!
Yoga: Yin Yoga, Hot Yoga (Barkan Method), Vinyasa/Flow, NuPower (yoga+weights), Power Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Prenatal/Postpartum Yoga, 5Elements Vinyasa Flow, Gentle Yoga, Chair Yoga, Pool Yoga, Kids Yoga, Trauma-sensitive Yoga
Dance: Classical Ballet, Pointe
Fusion: Technique-based ballet barre fitness (ballet+yoga+strentgh)
Ordained Minister (ULC, AMM)
Private and group lessons available by request! Email: email@example.com